Monday, May 2, 2011

But It's Too Windy For a Bonfire!

Paper! I have enough paper stuffed in bags and boxes to fuel a major blaze. Fortunately, I have no cow to kick over a lantern and bring on the disaster. There is a great deal of questioning about whether or not there was a cow owned by a Mrs. O'Leary who kicked anything at all, much less a lantern.. The point is I've been dealing with so much paper I'm afraid I'll never want to read another word. Well, I lied again. I do want to read. I just don't want to spend my days filing, sorting, tossing, recycling.

The weather is really cold for May. The Old Baguette's bones are almost cracking. Can't get enough soup. I waited over 30 minutes for my ride home from the Y. I suppose I got parfrozen in the pool. (Spellcheck won't like the word parfrozen, either.) Slowly, gradually, my muscles, my bones turned to ice. Well, that's another lie. I was cold. I wanted soup, but I am
not solid, a sculpture. Yet.

I have been following Sextant's destructions but still have yet to master my digital camera. In time, I will, but that time has yet to come. Have no idea what will be appealing to the eye when that time does come. The Twin Cities are usually lovely in the spring EVERY DAY. The greening of trees, grass, and bushes occurs at a galloping pace, and flowering trees blossom everywhere. This year the greening is hard to see, and there are no blossoming trees. Skies are gray and gloomy. The wind is so powerful the little old ladies have to stay inside lest they be carried off. I haven't stayed inside when I should have stayed inside. And that isn't a lie.

2 comments:

  1. This has been a cold wet spring with indeed a lot of wind.

    Send me an email with your camera make and model, and what ever questions you have and I will try to help you with the camera. I may be able to download the instruction book of the web.

    What is it with soup that when it is cold and miserable out, one wants soup? You can crave it, you want it so bad. Same always happens to me in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dear Baguette, I tried to find a lunch date last Friday, so ended up driving around down near Nicollet Avenue, but it was okay with me, it was stunningly sunny. My dear little Buster had to go to the Vet to have a tick pulled, and he seems fine now. I wonder about the cats. The organic stuff does not work. Thought that was interesting for a Thursday. Ruth is ranting about no one wanting to go to lunch. Linda North ordered soup, so I made some, had you been around somewhere I could have given you some, now it is gone. Vegetable Beef she said, so I chopped and I chopped, and cooked the stuff. Next time order yours early my dear. Better yet, come to lunch if you know where it is.

    ReplyDelete