Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Torn Rotator Cup?

That dramatic fall I took into the storage box holding my winter woolens may have had a few side effects. On Thursday, I'll have an MRI to see if I have a torn rotator cup. My shoulder hurts. My neck hurts. My arm hurts. Something is wrong, but what? When I was a youngster, I rarely had accidents of any kind. My knees were perpetually skinned from roller skating with savages who rejoiced in knocking me and others to the pavement. An urban tribal custom that caused injury, but an accident? Hardly. I chose to roller skate with the savages even though I knew I'd end up with bloody knees. Many of the baseball pitchers I admired had torn rotator cups from their 90 mile per hour fast balls. A "rotator cup" sounds vaguely like a "Lazy Susan." It belongs in the middle of the dining room table and should hold enough chili or soup for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of shoulder pain years ago and I found glucosamine / chondroitin to be helpful. The medical establishment determined that the stuff is worthless. Perhaps but it helped my shoulders. If it is just a placebo, fine, I hurt far less by taking that, than reading medical establishment decrees.

    Good luck with your MRI. Hopefully you will not need surgery.

    Take care of yourself.

    Oh, if you don’t hear from me at all, it is my crappy DSL acting up with all this rain. I can still read your blog on my Kindle. Can’t get email on it though.

    ReplyDelete